Planning for Next Year?

One of the requirements for Homeschooling in Montana is to notify the County School Superintendent of your intentions to homeschool.

You can bring in or mail your own letter or you may use the form below.

If you bring your letter or form in, make sure to get a copy of the stamped letter so you can use it for your own child’s records and for discounts at local stores.

If you are mailing it, we recommend sending a Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope and a little note (to ask them to please return a stamped copy) with your notification.

The link for the Cascade County Notification form is here. They also have copies at the superintendent’s office.

If you would like us to add other county’s forms, please email us at and we can update this post!