Notice of Intent to Homeschool Form

Resized_20180717_123719.jpegIn Montana, one of the requirements for homeschooling is to notify your county superintendent of your intent to homeschool (children ages 7-18). If you are in Cascade County, you can use their form or you can write your own letter of intent. The link for the form is below. They also have copies of the document at their office if you do not have a printer.

We suggest you print it, fill it out, bring it into the superintendent’s office located at 121 4th St. North Ste. 1A (Behind the building, where the covered porch entrance is sticking out.), and after they stamp it, ask for a copy so you can show it to businesses who allow for educator discounts. You can mail it, however, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so your copy is able to be returned to you.

Many colleges and the military do require confirmation that you followed State Law regarding filing this notice of intent, so you should consider keeping a copy for your child’s records (rather than having to request it from the superintendent).

If you are outside of Cascade County, please contact your county superintendent for more information on how you file your notice of intent there.